Wednesday 4 June 2014

Review of Lakme CC Cream

Hello  everyone,

Today I am going to review pioneer of CC creams in India -Lakme CC (Complexion Care Cream).  Though CC generally stands for Colour Corrector and is an improvised version of BB creams, Lakme has defined its CC cream as Complexion Care cream and does not mention anything about the colour correction part.


                                                                     30 ml for Rs. 250/-

What does Lakme say about the product 

Lakme CC stands for Complexion Care cream. It combines the goodness of your daily skin cream with just the right touch of makeup to give you that perfect look in just a few minutes. 

It's skin care benefit includes sun protection (SPF 20), moisturizing, brightening and freshness while it makeup benefits are even skin tone and basic coverage.

My take on the product 

Lakme CC cream launched as a first CC cream in India took the market by storm . It's may be because its one of a kind-a midway between an heavy foundation and light skin cream . Plus it is very reasonably priced. The cream provides an ideal makeup coverage for everyday wear . It comes in a sleek golden colour tube with CC cream written on it in fuschia and a silver screw cap on the top. In my opinion packaging is very chic, sturdy and travel friendly. The smell is consistent with the characteristic fragrance of Lakme products ( I love that characteristic fragrance).

The texture of this cream is lovely-neither runny nor too thick. It's consistency is more of like a  foundation . It is absorbed well in the skin and is easy to blend. However for my oily combination skin , I need to hydrate my skin before applying the CC cream otherwise it leaves dry patches on my face. It takes some time to blend in the skin around 5-10 mins. Once blended, it gives a soft natural glow to the skin and evens out the skin tone. It feels very light on the skin and provides the much wanted no makeup look. It can be layered on the areas which require more coverage, however because of its light texture, it's not going to cake up the skin. It leaves the skin shine free and does not feel greasy at all. However do remember, that unlike foundation it's not going to brighten or illuminate the dull skin. It just even out the skin tone and gives an overall natural subtle look. 



The staying power is fairly good for 4-5 hours after which it fades out evenly without leaving any blotchy traces. I have personally not experience any oil on my face after applying the CC cream. 

However the only disappointing factor is the limited shades available in Lakme CC cream. Their are only two shades available - Bronze for the medium /dusky complexion (which I am currently using ) and Beige for fair complexion. Bronze variant personally makes my skin a little darker (I am NC 42 shade). And I have not tried Beige yet, however I feel it is more suitable for fair complexion. I strongly feel that Lakme should have come out with more shade options and with a more suitable shade for medium to fair complexion. I would recommend to try both the shades over the counter before buying one for yourself.

Price wise it is very reasonable and the 30 ml quantity should last you more then a month on a everyday use basis as very small amount of product is required for application. Regarding sun protection , though the description claims the cream to be enriched with SPF 20, I don't think I am going to test that. Plus regarding makeup products , I always have my doubt on skin benefits and sun protection qualities. Better to stick to your old sunscreen which can be very well wore benath the CC cream.

Overall its a lovely product and a very good option when you need to sport a no makeup look. Plus for the ones who are not much into makeup products, CC cream can be very well used for even out the skin tone and provide a good coverage. However, dry skinned beauties need to well moisturize their skin before its application. Also I would again repeat to test both the shades available and then chose the one ,more appropriate for your skin tone.

My rating for the product :4/5 (1 point less because of the limited shades collection)

Have you guys tried the Lakme CC Cream yet? Which is your favourite CC cream ?

I have recently got my hands on Bourjois CC cream. Let's see how it fairs for me.  

Till then,

Ciao 







2 comments:

  1. Nice review Shrishti, one Fav one so far is Garnier as it suits my combi skin well and love the shade too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granier products are surely the favourite of many :)

    ReplyDelete